The Elti®TERX family of VHF/UHF digital transmitters combine Elti’s reputation for robust equipment with the latest
digital technology available from DVB, ISDB-T and
ATSC area and the latest solid state LDMOS
technology with highly efficient VHF and UHF Doherty power amplifiers.
The Elti®TERX family is robust, fail-safe,
with high efficiency, designed for digital TV
networks, featuring intelligent redundancy concepts, fully
configurable for your indoor/outdoor applications.
the ELTI advantages
- Supporting each mode according to
- EN 302 744 (DVB-T) and EN 302 304 (DVB-H), EN 302 755 (DVB-T2),
TS 102 831 and TS 102 773 (T2-MI). Versions
of the standards supported V1.1.1, V1.2.1, V1.3.1 and V1.4.1
- ARIB STB-B31, TR-B14 - ISDB-T/Tb,
- A/53, A/110 - ATSC
- IFFT 2k up to extended 32k mode
- Multi-standard design: analogue PAL with SECAM or NICAM operation
- Amplifier design in 50V LDMOS technology including broadband VHF and UHF Doherty mode operation
- Management and control via LCD, TCP/IP, HTTP and SNMP interface
- Plug-and-play installation
- Auto adaptive pre-correction (optional) and clipping function
- Built-in seamless switch over stream input
- A plenty of redundancy options for exciter and power amplifiers
- Air & liquid scalable and flexible power amplifier solutions
up to 10 kW of VHF/UHF power
Exciter and Compact solution
The exciter is housed in compact
19” 1U rack mount with the AB class amplifier that provides up to 50 W of UHF and VHF output power.
The built-in COFDM modulator features up
to 4 ASI inputs and 2 IP
stream inputs, and provides 2k
up to extended 32k IFFT operation mode. If the primary transport
stream source fails the exciter
can seamless switch between the four ASI and IP inputs manually or
Unit is supporting MFN and SFN operation, featuring an integrated
GPS/GLONASS receiver. To optimize transmitter performance a digital
pre-corrector is included with an auto-adaptive digital pre-correction
(optional) to correct linear error and
non-linear distortion of RF power amplifiers. Compact UHF standalone
transmitter is available in 19’’ 2U rack mount housing providing 200W
before output filter.
External amplifiers with air or liquid cooling are available in
models supplying 200 W, 400 W, 800 W and 1.200 W of COFDM power for UHF band and 300W, 600 W and 900W for VHF band. All amplifiers are designed for
broadband and employ the latest 50-volt
LDMOS technology to guarantee linearity, compact design and
high efficiency for minimizing operational costs. Selfprotection
circuits assure continuous operation and uninterrupted service in sight
of minimizing operational costs.
- Designed for digital and analogue applications
- High efficiency, low power consumption design
- Redundant power supplies
- Excellent ruggedness and broadband performance
- Hot swappable, easy maintainable
- Robust mechanical structure
- Settings and measurements can be made through the EDM web
interface (exciter required).
Broadband Doherty Power Amplifiers
Thanks to the broadband Doherty amplifier concept,
Elti’s VHF and UHF amplifiers are available in broadband Doherty mode also
terrestrial broadcasting extremely
efficient. Due to higher
efficiency into comparison to classical amplifier design, new
amplifier series brings to network
operator cost reductions over the entire system lifetime.
Amplifiers are available in a compact
19’’ only 3U rack mount in air and liquid cooling solutions. A
scalable and flexible configuration allows now higher power density
single rack. The output power of Broadband Doherty Power Amplifiers for UHF bands IV/V are 200W, 400W, 800 W and 1.200 W and for VHF band III 300W, 600 W and 900W.
Control and Monitoring
The integrated control unit provides full control over the assembly and
additional options/features. Control software EDM (WEB based Elti
Device Manager) with an user friendly graphic interface comes as
standard for all Elti products. It features:
- Complete device management/configuration over single IP address,
- Multilevel password protection and access control
- Display of operational parameters
- Alarm and error history
- Remote and local operation
- Easy save and restore configuration settings
- Remote assistance and software update
The control software offers the same comprehensive functionality
whether used locally or remotely via TCP/IP, SNMP or GSM networks.
External connections are provided by:
- Ethernet LAN/WAN for local/network access
- GSM/GPRS modem (optionally)
The central control unit allows integration into any SNMP based
telemetry or supervisory system. It offers control and integration of
third party equipment into single transmission system.
Optimum cooling system
The cooling system plays
important role for the overall efficiency of the entire system, especially for liquid
cooled system, which is why it has been optimized throughout.
Air cooled solutions are
equipped with redundant fan system on several levels including rack composition. Each component of system
includes redundant and efficient temperature fan speed regulation which
greatly contributes to lifetime of system.
The liquid cooling system is equipped with efficient and proven
components. The pump rack, which can be integrated into standard 19’’
rack, contains two pump modules that ensure high system efficiency.
Outdoor components such as heat exchangers are designed in redundant
configuration, including redundant dual blower system which greatly
contributes to system availability.